June 21 is National Indigenous Peoples Day! Here’s how we’re celebrating:
1. Getting up close and personal by visiting the works of Inuit artists in exhibitions and collections from coast-to-coast.
2. Reading works by Indigenous authors. Currently in our bag? Split Tooth by Tanya Tagaq.
3. Dancing it out at Fort York in Toronto, ON, to Beatrice Deer Band and Quantum Tangle. Find events where you live here.
4. Learning about the work of Inuit artists from across the country.
6. Listening to Elisapie’s Polaris long-listed album, The Ballad of the Runaway Girl.
7. Settling in for a movie marathon. With snacks.
8. Digging into the IAQ archives and learning from artists directly.
9. Posting pics of Indigenous designs and tagging our #sealfies.
10. Supporting causes we care about.